“Gratitude is the best attitude”- Anonymous
It is the last day of a very long amazing journey into 2014. This time calls for looking back on the last 12 months. At some point, we need to do thorough self- assessments. We ought to review the lows and downs of 2014. It is that very moment we are recapping on everything that happen during the year. As an aspirant journalist, I more or less focused on world stories which I find important to know but maybe for a minute I probably need to question myself about my story, about my ups and downs, my highs and lows and significantly, the bad and the good I have experiences during 2014.
I planted a seed early this year and what are the results? In my own walk and journey, what are my 2014 outcomes? What are my accomplishments and my down falls?
I have cried, laughed, smiled, frowned, ran, fell, crawled, tumbled, jumped, whatever the case may be, at the end….I stood up, dusted myself off and looked forward to the next. I am grateful to my WONDERFUL GOD for both the little and the majestic that I have accomplished. I would have NOT managed without God!
Some of the things I have achieved this year include:
- First and foremost, completing my Bachelor of Arts (B.A) Degree in Communication Science at the University of South Africa (UNISA) which I started studying towards in 2011 midyear and successfully got to the finish line this December.
- Receiving a total of five (5) distinctions on my last seven (7) subjects/ modules is my immense blessing. These +75 percentage subjects include Communication research which it toke me approximately two months working on, day in and out; Media studies: Institutions, Theory and Issues; New media Technology; International Communication and lastly Development Studies. Without hard word, dedication and academic consistency, it would be seemingly impossible.
- Being waiting too long for this one for a while now. Although my driving skills have not reached ‘excellence’, learning how to drive is a definite goal for me this year. 🙂
- Being around and with a big warm loving family and all ‘the sisters and brothers from other mothers’ I have made at varsity and other various places has been life changing. Engaging with them has been fruitful.
Not only has the good happen. I also encountered the bad too. Some of the worst I have experienced God erased them from my sight so that I may no longer can spot them. A great God He is. I have had my downs but I have not dwell too much on but I sure think I have learned a lot through them.
- Most probably not getting my driving license is my 2014 lows 😦
That is my 2014 story. Welcoming a new year with faith and hope, I bid farewell to 2014!